Vormator is a project where you are given eight specific shapes with which to create a work of art. The people in charge of the project are hoping to publish the best of these works in a coffee table book. (Submissions are now closed).
These were the rules for the shapes:
- Youâ€™re allowed to rotate, flip and duplicate the Elements
- You are not obliged to use all the Elements
- Scaling is allowed, but only proportionally, so no skewing or free transform
- You can add, subtract, intersect and group elements as you see fit
- The use of colour is unrestricted, you can create your own colour schemes
- You are allowed to use gradients
- The Elements may only be filled, the use of strokes is not allowed
- You are not allowed to use filters or effects (e.g. drop shadows)
And here is what I came up with:
It was a lot of fun to be constrained and just play around until I came up with something. I can’t wait to see what others have done.
Here’s are the eight shapes: